Every summer day, in hundreds of sweltering homes across Las Vegas, a sweating homeowner stands before a thermostat with a flushed mixture of frustration and fear.
When your air conditioner isn’t turning on, or your home isn’t cooling as it should, these emotions fight for control. So allow the most reliable and trustworthy air conditioning company in Las Vegas help you take control with a three-step plan:
- Check common triggers that may be causing your air conditioner to malfunction.
- Look for signs your air conditioner might need a repair.
- Then call Instant Air for AC repair in Las Vegas so you – and your home – can regain your cool.
Put first things first with common triggers
- Ensure the thermostat is set to “cool.” If it is, lower the temperature by a few degrees to see if it turns on. If your thermostat relies on a battery, replace it.
- Slide out your air conditioner filter and replace it if it’s choked with dust and dirt. Filthy filters can incapacitate an air conditioner and a clean filter can restore it to working order.
- Switch the circuit breaker devoted to your air conditioner off and then back on again. A power surge – one so minor you may have been unaware of it – can stall an air conditioner.
Search for signs you need to call an expert
Look for the following trouble signs, which signify you should call a licensed air conditioner expert for AC repair in Las Vegas:
- A buildup of dirt on the coil, compressor or fan. Like dirt on the filter, dirt on an air conditioner’s components can cause it to malfunction. This is why an annual air conditioner tune-up is so crucial; it keeps your air conditioner clean and lubricated.
- Damaged wires, connections or a burning smell when (and if) your air conditioner turns on. If you don’t immediately discover damaged wires or connections, you’ll definitely catch the burning smell. An annual air conditioner tune-up will also prevent these problems.
- Your air conditioner is short-cycling repeatedly. Some quick on-and-off cycles are expected, especially on very hot days or when people are letting outdoor air indoors. But repeated short-cycling can eventually cause an air conditioner to shut down.
- A puddle of water near the compressor. Water is a sure sign of a crack in the condensate pan or drain line or a blocked drain line.
- The compressor is covered with ice or slush. This condition is a result of restricted or blocked air flow.
- You hear unusual noises. These can run the gamut from high-pitched squealing or buzzing to banging and clanking noises. You know your air conditioner. A noise you’re not accustomed to hearing is like a cry for help.
Reach out to Instant Air for AC repair in Las Vegas
Answer your air conditioner’s cry by calling the efficient and skilled Las Vegas AC repair technicians at Instant Air. Next to your vehicle, your air conditioner is the most complex piece of machinery in your home. Let us restore the cool air to your home – and quickly put your frustration and fear on ice.
Call (702) 385-2665 to set up an appointment today.