It’s a rare customer who jumps for joy over the prospect of replacing a furnace in Las Vegas.
After all, unlike other major purchases, you can’t drive it, you can’t cook with it and you probably won’t even take a picture of it and post it to your friends and family.
But oh, the intrinsic benefits you will derive once it’s in place. Replacing a furnace in Las Vegas requires taking the long view because it’s a long-term investment in your home. Still, you should notice some benefits right away, including:
- No safety concerns, especially with regard to carbon monoxide emissions – a growing concern as furnaces age.
- Greater reliability, meaning no more breakdowns and costly repairs.
- Improved efficiency, which should show up on your gas bills. In fact, the United States Environmental Protection Agency estimates that highly efficient Energy Star furnaces save many homeowners about $100 per year.
- Better indoor air quality, especially important if you have young children (who ingest more air in relation to their body weight) or someone in your home suffers from asthma or allergies.
Replacing a furnace in Las Vegas made easy
Keep these forward-thinking ideals in mind as you decide whether it’s finally time to replace your furnace. The U.S. Department of Energy says six factors signal that it’s time to stop “patching” a furnace together to keep it running and replace it instead. So ask yourself:
- Is your furnace about 15 years old? If so, it is (sorry to say) entering its final stage of reliability. Like all complex electrical components, furnaces have a lifespan. And even if you have kept your furnace free of dust and dirt and have been diligent about annual maintenance checks, most furnaces last between 15 and 20 years.
- Has your furnace required more frequent repairs (excluding the annual tuneup) over the last two years? Like cars, furnaces are known for “acting up” in big ways and small ways the last two years of their lifespan.
- Have your gas bills been going up, even though there has been no marked change in how you use your furnace? Yes, gas rates could be a factor. But if you’re not using your furnace any differently, it might be running far less efficiently than it once did. New Energy Star furnaces register efficiency ratings in the 90s – a vast improvement over minimum efficiency standards that stood at 78 percent in 1992.
- Has your furnace become a noisemaker? Unusual noises could range from shrieking and high-pitched squealing to thumping, rattling and clicking. Just like your car, strange noises coming from a furnace are a cry for help – a certain sign of trouble on the horizon.
- Does your home feel too cool, too warm or too humid in places? A furnace that is on its last leg often has difficulty heating a home properly (although it’s also wise to check whether leaks in your ducts or poor insulation could be a contributing factor).
- Is your home excessively dusty? Have you been sweeping up more dust, dirt or rust particles on the floor surrounding the furnace? Old, efficient furnaces tend to be dirt traps, and rust – a precursor to corrosion – is a significant red flag.
In the end, nothing compares with a thorough inspection of your furnace. Call the furnace experts at Instant Air, who know all about replacing a furnace in Las Vegas after more than 20 years in the business. Owner Oscar Poort is a truly rare breed – someone who aspires to “help clients find solutions to their needs and improve their lives on a daily basis.” He and Instant Air might not cause you to jump for joy over the prospect of replacing your furnace, but you just might over the service they provide and the confidence they inspire.
Contact Instant Air today at 702-385-2665 to schedule your Las Vegas furnace replacement.