During a moderate Las Vegas summer, you might be skeptical. You might even be cynical. But this is no moderate Las Vegas summer; this is one for the record books.
So it’s no time to doubt the advice of an authoritative source: if you haven’t yet scheduled your Las Vegas air conditioning service tune-up this year with Instant Air, it should be the next task on your “to-do” list.
Take it from the U.S. Department of Energy: “Maintain your equipment to prevent future problems and unwanted costs. Keep your cooling and heating system at peak performance by having a contractor do annual pre-season check-ups.”
Add Up the Reasons Why Las Vegas Air Conditioning Service is Necessary
Avoiding an expected breakdown on a steamy summer day is one motivator to schedule an appointment for Las Vegas air conditioning service. But a tune-up carries three other major benefits as well:
- Benefit No. 1: A tuned-up air conditioner runs more efficiently. Cleaning and lubricating are two of the chief functions of a yearly air conditioner tune-up. Dirt is an air conditioner’s biggest nemesis, and an extreme buildup can even cause it to shut down. “An air conditioner’s filters, coils and fins require regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently throughout its years of service,” the Department of Energy says.
- Benefit No. 2: A tuned-up air conditioner is a more economical air conditioner. A clean and lubricated air conditioner will not run as long to reach the temperature you’ve set on the thermostat. And the less your air conditioner runs, the less it will cost you each month. “Best practices” in maintenance can reduce energy use by between 10 to 20 percent across all climate zones in the United States, while “poor maintenance practices” can increase energy use by 30 to 60 percent, The New Buildings Institute says.
- Benefit No. 3: A tuned-up air conditioner should last longer and maybe exceed its 10-to-15-year expected lifespan. Next to your car, your air conditioner is probably the most complex piece of machinery you own (even more than a furnace, which can run for 25 years). And like your car, your air conditioner depends on regular maintenance to run smoothly and go the distance.
Instant Air’s Las Vegas Air Conditioning Service Covers All the Bases
At Instant Air, we follow the tune-up directives of the U.S. Department of Energy and:
- Clean the entire system.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check the refrigerant.
- Test for refrigerant leaks.
- Check for and seal duct leaks.
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections and apply a non-conductive coating, if necessary.
- Check the belts for tightness and wear.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
Unlike your car, you probably have no idea how many “miles” you have put on your air conditioner since its last tune-up. But knowing the Las Vegas climate, the answer is probably considerable. Make an appointment for a Las Vegas air conditioning service tune-up with Instant Air by calling (702) 385-2667 before the heat gets the best of your system.