You’ve tried to make the best of the summer’s blistering, relentless heat. But going home to a window or portable air conditioning unit is a lot like jumping in the back seat of someone’s car and constantly shifting your position so that at least your forehead benefits from a blast of intermittent cool air.
You try to grin and bear it, but enough is enough.
Like many of your neighbors, you may be just one 100-degree-day away from giving the green light to an HVAC installation in Las Vegas. But first, you may wish to run down the list of annoyances of temporary cooling methods one more time:
Window Units are Inherently Flawed
Window air conditioners can be an affordable temporary solution, but their limitations underscore why they usually don’t assume permanent occupancy in a home. Window units steer many people to an HVAC installation in Las Vegas because the units can be:
- Limited in range, sometimes unable to cool even one room comfortably
- Less efficient than billed, especially if the seals are poorly secured and let warm outdoor air indoors
- Noisy, especially when the “low” setting is kicked up to “medium” or “high”
- A security risk, especially on a lower level
- A maintenance nuisance if they leak water outdoors to an inopportune place
- An eyesore, especially because you cannot cover or disguise them
Portable ACs Can Be “a Lot of Hot Air”
Window units can seem like bliss when contrasted to portable units, which Consumer Reports warned readers to regard “as the cooling choice of last resort” because many tested units:
- “Barely got a room below sweltering, let alone the 78 degrees Fahrenheit that’s considered the upper threshold of indoor comfort.”
- Aren’t nearly as “portable” as people think since they: often weigh between 50 and 80 pounds; can be difficult to roll over carpet; and a hose must be connected to a window.
- Must be positioned far away from walls or furniture to encourage air flow and so create an obstruction.
Add Up the Benefits of Central Air as Part of an HVAC Installation in Las Vegas
It may be tempting to liken the comfort of central air conditioning to jumping from the rear seat to the front seat of a car on a hot summer day. But even that is an understatement when you consider that central air conditioning:
- Delivers cool air to every room in a home – and on all levels
- Reduces humidity (which is what Willis Carrier had top-of-mind when he invented what he called his “dew point control system” in 1902)
- Improves indoor air quality – a particular relief for people who suffer from asthma and other respiratory illnesses
- Can be more affordable to operate than temporary cooling units (which run constantly)
- Improves a home’s marketability
- Runs quietly – and sometimes without detection except for the clicking sound when the thermostat engages
- Does not detract from the aesthetics of a home since the main component (the compressor) is installed outdoors
- Is simple to manage and operate – and can be made even more so with a programmable thermostat
In case these benefits aren’t motivation enough to schedule an HVAC installation in Las Vegas, consider saving $1,000 off a unit with our Summer End Closeout deal. We’ll ensure that your system is sized correctly so that you can finally dispense with temporary cooling solutions – and learn what it’s like to find full relief from the city’s blistering, relentless heat. Give us a call at (702) 385-2665 to take advantage of this special while it lasts!